Glamorgan Spring Bay Interim Planning Scheme 2015
Draft amendment 2017-01 and permit DA 2017-00097
Rezone foreshore and state waters adjacent to 496 Freestone Point Rd, Triabunna from Open Space and Environmental Management Zone to Light Industrial Zone
Many of us sent in submissions against this Development Application by GSBC to rezone, develop and build a jetty and wharf (plus buildings) on the foreshore and in coastal waters at Freestone Point Road, Triabunna to allow for the Tassal salmon farm operations. Because of all the objections, the DA has been referred to the Planning Commission, which has now advised that Hearings have been set to consider the application.
94 written representations and 5,853 emails sent to GSBC were referred to the Commission – a show of strength of public opinion against the proposals. Those who made a submission will have received a letter from the Tasmanian Planning Commission with an invitation to attend but anyone can attend in the public gallery and witness the proceedings.
The Hearings have been set for the following dates:
- Wednesday 6 December Land use and infrastructure, including the strategic basis for the amendment and traffic
- Thursday 7 December Noise and terrestrial flora and fauna
- Tuesday 12 December Natural and coastal values, including marine impacts and coastal impacts
- Wednesday 13 December Continuation
- Thursday 14 December Closing submissions
- at the Tasmanian Planning Commission, Level 3, 144 Macquarie Street, Hobart (click for map)